Select Page

Financial Aid
San Francisco


Start Your Financial Aid Application

Have questions?
Our Financial aid advisor has all the answers - just call or email her
Select a Program

Common Questions About Financial Aid

Everything you need to know to apply for financial aid in California

1. Can I qualify for US federal student loans (financial aid)?

Student loans and grants are the way many U.S. Citizens and legal residents cover their school and living expenses. If you already have an undergraduate degree, which most Miami Ad School students do, it is most likely your federal loans will generally cover most, but not all, of your entire tuition cost. Alternative funding or private loans are how most students cover the difference in financial aid coverage.

Financial need for federal loans is calculated by the Department of Education based on the answers you provide on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Subsidized and unsubsidized loan programs require the filing of a FAFSA. Deadlines for the FAFSA are 30 days before your start date but we encourage you to start the process much sooner.

Download the steps to the FASFA process.

2. I completed my FAFSA but have not heard back from the school. What do I do now?

We have an automated system to process a FAFSA application. You must complete a student financial aid interview on the school’s website. Without the financial aid interview we will not be able to process your FAFSA. Start your financial aid interview.

3. I'm financially independent, my parents do not support me. Why is FAFSA asking me for my parents' information?

The Department of Education considers a student to be “dependent” based on the student’s age. The questions that determine whether you are a dependent or independent on your FAFSA are questions 48 through 60, if you can answer yes to any of these questions, and provide the necessary documentation, then you are considered to be an independent student and you will not be asked for you parents’ information.

4. I received grants in my undergraduate. Why can't I receive them now?

Once you have received a bachelor’s degree you no longer qualify for grants.

5. On my award letter it says the funds will be disbursed after the quarter starts, will I be charged a late fee on my tuition?

You will not be charged a late fee. Once you receive the award letter we post the funds on your student account; you are only responsible for any remaining balances.

6. Why is my US financial aid only for three quarters? Can I get financial aid after my 3rd quarter?

Yes, qualifying students can receive financial aid for their entire time at Miami Ad School. Traditional financial aid covers two semesters at a time which is equivalent to a scholastic year of nine months. Miami Ad School operates on a quarter system, so three quarters is the equivalent of the financial aid award year. This means that during your third quarter you will renew your financial aid for the 4th, 5th and 6th quarters and finally, in your 6th quarter you will renew for your 7th and 8th quarters.

Contact Cheryl Seichrist. She has all the answers.

Email: [email protected] 
Phone: 305.538.3193 option #2
Skype: cheryl_mas

7. How will the funds be disbursed?

Once your FAFSA has been processed you will receive, by email, a financial aid award letter. Once you receive the award letter, the funds will be posted into your student account as a pending disbursement and will be applied toward your tuition balance. You are responsible for any remaining balances.

8. Are there private loans available for US citizens?

Alternative Funding Sources: These types of loans allow you to borrow for living and school related expenses up to the set cost of attendance. To qualify for these loans you must be a US citizen or permanent resident and have good credit. You must also be attending a Miami Ad School location within the United States.

Miami Ad School does not endorse any one lender. Each lender has a different loan approval criteria, fees and re-payment structure. We recommend you contact the lenders listed below and make an informed decision on which lender is best for you.

Private Lenders:

Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan : 866-972-5004
Sallie Mae Parent Loan:  844-827-7478
KHEAA : 800-928-8926
Regions : 800-858-7822
PNC : 800-851-2892

Contact Cheryl Seichrist. She has all the answers.

Email: [email protected] 
Phone: 305.538.3193 option #2
Skype: cheryl_mas

9. I am taking out a private student loan to cover my living expenses. How do I get those funds?

Private student loans are disbursed directly to the school. We will set up the disbursement dates for 10 days before the scheduled start of a quarter. Once we receive payment from your lender it will be processed and a check will be issued in your name within 10-14 days of processing. Accounting will contact you when your refund is available.

10. Is there financial aid for international students?

The U.S. Government does not extend student loans to international students. But, if you’re Swedish you’re in luck! The Swedish government provides financial support to its citizens studying abroad.

11. Does Miami Ad School participate in the GI Bill?

Yes, students can use the GI Bill to attend Miami Ad School.

I’m Here to Help.

IT’S easy to find out the funding you may qualify for

Cheryl Seichrist




Ready for a new career?

Get the training you need to be a creative leader. Learn from the best. Develop your skills. Become who you’re meant to be.

Application Deadlines

Portfolio Programs – May 24 
Master’s Degree Programs – April 16