We Think You’ll Find Your Answer Here
If you still have a question just click “CONTACT US”
1. What kind of background do I need to have?
Our students are like snowflakes, no two are alike. Are you a lawyer who is bursting with creativity and needs to get out of that large law firm? Did you just graduate with a 4-year degree and realize that you really need a portfolio to get your dream job? Have you always been creative and wanted a career rather than be a starving artist? Then this school is for you!
2. If I'm interested in a couple of locations which one should I apply to?
Apply to the one Miami Ad School location you are most interested in attending. If, after you’re accepted, you change your mind and want to attend a different location your acceptance is transferable. You will only need to fill out the enrollment form for that new location and pay the corresponding tuition rate.
3. Can I pick more than one major?
Our portfolio programs are designed to prepare you to be a creative with skills that are broad and appropriate. Although you only have time to study one major in your two years here, you will get a lot of cross pollination. Copywriters take Adobe Creative Suite. Art directors take a writing course. You will be well prepared no matter which major you choose!
4. How long are the programs?
- Art Direction – 2 years (8 quarters)
- Copywriting – 2 years (8 quarters)
- Creative Technology – 2 years (8 quarters)
- Digital Design – 2 years (8 quarters)
- Photography – 2 years (8 quarters)
- Masters of Arts in Strategic Design partnered with Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina – 19 months (6 quarters at MAS – 5 semesters at Furman concurrent)
- Master of Science degree in Mass Communication awarded by Florida International University (FIU) in Miami, Florida – 19 months (6 quarters at MAS – 5 semesters at FIU concurrent)
- Hamburg & Berlin Master of Science in Management and Innovation for Creativity and Business –
2 years (8 quarters)
- Bachelor of Arts – 2 years (8 quarters at MAS – 1 year at Solent University)
- Account Planning – 3 months (1 quarter)
- Social Media – 3 months (1 quarter)
- UX Design – 16 weeks
5. What is the difference between locations?
Let’s talk about school location similarities first. The courses in each location are practically identical and the instructors in each city are all advertising and design professionals at the top of their game. No matter which city you pick you’ll get great training, have the opportunity to intern and develop a portfolio that reflects your skills. Choose the school in the city where you would like to live, explore and study for a year. Then you have the opportunity to study or intern in other cities.
Different schools do have different majors and languages so make sure you are fluent in the native language. English is the norm at most of the schools and Quarter Away locations, but in Buenos Aires and Mexico City classes are held in Spanish. In Sao Paulo classes are in Portuguese. In Madrid you can learn in Spanish, English or both.
6. What quarter should I start?
The quarters are identical so start at the time of year that is most convenient for you. In most cities the portfolio programs in art direction, copywriting, design and photography and video start four times a year: January, April, July or October.
Some programs start less frequently. The master’s program in Miami only starts twice a year: January and October. Boot camps in strategic planning and social media are offered once a year at most locations.
Click on the location you’re interested in for specific dates. You’ll find your answer at the bottom of that page.
7. How do I get an application?
The application, all application requirements and due dates for each location and program can be found in the How to Apply section.
8. Is financial aid available?
Student loans and grants are the way many U.S. Citizens and legal residents cover their school and living expenses. Click the school location to learn more about the process, start your application and get answers to common questions.
All U.S. school locations offer financial aid:
International locations that offer financial aid:
9. What is Quarter Away?
The Quarter Away option allows students in the portfolio programs to study and intern in up to four additional cities around the world. You can study in a different school location, intern or participate in an Agency Lab, where you actually go to school inside an agency.
Look at the Internships section of the website to see the different options and read stories from our students about their amazing experiences.
Miami Ad School New York students, due to NY state regulations, are eligible for one Quarter Away within New York during their 8th quarter.
International students within the United States can intern in agencies outside of the US, participate in Agency Labs or attend other Miami Ad School locations. International students are not eligible to intern within the US.
Masters students have the opportunity to study or intern for one quarter during their program.
Since Boot Camp students are only in school for one quarter they don’t participate in Quarter Away. Sorry guys.
10. What is tuition?
11. Can I transfer credits?
We never want you to repeat a course if you are already accomplished in the subject matter. We have skills tests to test out of the different Adobe applications. Just contact your admissions advisor for information.
Sometimes advanced placement is awarded for prior training or work experience but keep in mind the typical Miami Ad School student already has related educational or work experience. If you skip over too many classes then you are not building a portfolio. The most advanced placement allowed is eight classes/two quarters and this happens very rarely.
12. Is there student housing?
All of our students rent apartments in the area where the school is located. If you have questions about an individual location just contact the school you are interested in attending. They will suggest apartments or real estate agents that you can contact. If you’re interested in having a roommate the school can connect you with other new students who want to share an apartment.
13. Is Miami Ad School accredited?
Yes! The Miami Ad School US locations are accredited by the Council on Occupational Education or, COE.
14. Do I need health insurance?
Medical expenses in the United States are very costly. We strongly recommend that you purchase health insurance. Please contact your local health insurance office. They may have plans that can cover you. If they don’t the school has an insurance pamphlet that will explain other options.
15. What is the academic calendar?
2019 4th Quarter:
- classes start September 30, 2019
- classes end December 6, 2019
2020 1st Quarter:
- classes start January 6, 2020
- classes end March 13, 2020
2020 2nd Quarter:
- classes start April 6, 2020
- classes end June 5, 2020
2020 3rd Quarter:
- classes start July 6, 2020
- classes end September 11, 2020
2020 4th Quarter:
- classes start October 5, 2020
- classes end December 11, 2020
2021 1st Quarter:
- classes start January 4, 2021
- classes end March 12, 2021
2021 2nd Quarter:
- classes start April 6, 2021
- classes end June 5, 2021
2021 3rd Quarter:
- classes start July 5, 2021
- classes end September 10, 2021
2021 4th Quarter:
- classes start October 4, 2021
- classes end December 10, 2021