Get the Tools to Succeed, No Matter Where You Start From
Grads tell their personal stories on how Miami Ad School gave them the tools to succeed.
For the aspiring Miami Ad School student, hearing about the success stories of our alumni can be a little intimidating. It’s easy to assume that their achievements were pre-ordained by fate or perhaps the result of attending some mythical advertising-and-design summer camp as pre-teens.
You’ll probably find it encouraging that this is far from the case.
Miami Ad School gives you the tools to succeed. Success is more often than not determined by your desire and work ethic. Talent is great, but gumption—a powerful combination of initiative and resourcefulness—is even better.
Here’s a small sampling of what students were doing when they decided their future lay elsewhere, and began their personal journey to Miami Ad School.
- Financial Analyst
- Rate Assistant at a Freight Forwarder
- Taxi driver. (A real taxi. Not making extra cash driving for Uber or Lyft.)
- Driving for Uber and Lyft
- Marketing Person for a Local Pool Company
- Unsigned Singer/Songwrtiter
- Professional Dancer
- Circus Performer
- Marketing for 911 Dispatch Software
- Vice President of a Bank
- Accounting Clerk
- Mechanical Engineering Intern
- Personal Trainer
- Veterinary School Student
- Street Artist
- Short Order Cook
- Statistical Researcher
- Advertising Account Executive
- Cake Decorator
- Zombie Make-up Artist (Making-up people to look like zombies and not a zombie that applies make-up.)
- Porn Site Editor
- Flight Attendant
- College Student
- Insurance Salesperson
- Manager at a GameStop
These run the gamut from the mundane to the category of “Careers Parents Always Approve Of.” However, in each case, the holders of those jobs wanted to spend their professional lives doing and being something else.